Sweet little lady bird come here
Sit on my hand, sit on my hand
I would not hurt you never
I never saw such pretty things
That shining coat that painted wings
Lovely creature, thing of beauty, joy for ever
Sit on my hand, sit on my hand
I would not hurt you never
I never saw such pretty things
That shining coat that painted wings
Lovely creature, thing of beauty, joy for ever
O little lady bird, fly home
Your house is burning, your house is burning
You must protect your children
They are in terror of the fire
The spiders web all torments dire
O make haste then
Hurry home, your children need you
Let not the sight and might of men
Fright and alarm you
No one will harm you
We all friends of nature
We love the joy that beauty brings
The flower that blooms
The bird that sings
All the colours
All the sights and sounds of nature
No comments:
Post a Comment