January 19, 2013

Simply Letting Go

It was past 10 o’clock in the night when everybody in the household was asleep. Everybody except the old dame. She knew what was going to happen, so she must make preparations for it. Looking sorrowfully at the cross hooked onto the wall, she joined her hands together in a prayer and murmured softly.

"All those days I have desired to see You, but now my time has finally come. My fate may rest here, a fate of happiness in all. Life has been too long for me and finally I must let go. Those days that lay ahead of me are shortened, but in each one I think of You. Thank You!”

The dame huddled up underneath her bolero and fell backwards on the bed, smiling as the tears ran down her cheeks. She was dead…

No comments:

/* CSS Script for Popular Script */ /* End of CSS for Popular Step */